Every year in October, is being held Open Access Week (Open Science Week), aimed at promoting open access of publications and scientific data. The Jagiellonian Library joins in the action presenting its resources and functionality of the Jagiellonian University Repository. We invite to the JL on 24th – 29th October 2016.
UJ Repository OPEN IN ACTION
24th October, 2016 r. (1.00 p.m. - 3.00 p.m.) - Presentation for JL employees and Faculty/Institute Libraries of JU:
- Introduction - JU Repository and open access
- who can publish in the JUR and why is it worth? - indexing in search engines, scientific citation;
- how does the JUR work? - data entering, searching and browsing;
- statistics in JUR and compiling of bibliographic lists.
25th October, 2016 r. (1.00 p.m.-3.00 p.m.) - Presentation for JU employees
- Introduction – JU Repository and open access
- Open Access - advantages and disadvantages, examples in Poland and in the world;
- who can publish in the JUR and why is it worth? - indexing in search engines, scientific citation, the role of a publisher;
- legal aspects of open licenses, information on open access on the Internet, reporting of JU units and the JU Repository.