The database contains bibliographic descriptions of biographies and bibliographies of Poles, including those less known, born after 1850. It applies to people for whom a biography, obituary or subject or subject bibliography has been published. It consists of records of approximately 60,400 people (as of June 2021). Each record includes:
- surname and first name (s) of the described person,
- the dates and places of her birth and death (if they were given in the bibliographic description of the biography or obituary),
- type of activity or profession (if specified)
- performed function (if specified),
- academic titles (if given),
- bibliographic descriptions of biographies,
- bibliographic descriptions of personal bibliographies
This database is not full-text, after finding the necessary information about the materials for the biography of a given person, one should look for the mentioned titles of journals or collective publications in the appropriate catalogs.
The time range of the database includes mainly publications that appeared from 1945.
Please send all questions and comments regarding the database to the address of the Reference Services Section e-mail: email@example.com .